Wednesday, February 16, 2011

CONFESSIONS OF A LOOPY 18-AND-ALMOST-A-HALF-YEAR-OLD

My writing's too creative for news journalism.
My writing's not creative enough for creative writing.
My writing is too verbose (read: wordy) for public speaking competitions.
My verbose writing is overlooked during the interlude known as the assessment of academic papers.

Is this what a quarter-life crisis feels like?

>> But I still love words. <3333


{word(s) of the moment}:

1. acquiescence

[ak-wee-es-uhns] 
–noun 1. the act or condition of acquiescing  or giving tacit assent; agreement or consent by silence or without objection; compliance

2. reprobate

[rep-ruh-beyt]  noun, adjective, verb, -bat·ed, -bat·ing.
–noun 1. a depraved, unprincipled, or wicked person

3. thespian

[thes-pee-uhn] 
–adjective 1. ( often lowercase) pertaining to tragedy or to the dramatic art in general.


4. docile

[dos-uhl; Brit. doh-sahyl] 
–adjective 1. easily managed or handled; tractable



You know what my long-lost dream has been, blogosphere? To partake in a spelling bee. I have never had the privilege of doing so. I reckon it would be amazing and so my forte. 

p.s. My sparse blogging has probably resulted in me losing followers left and right. Please don't go! Please don't leave me! I can change! I can implement a strict blogging schedule that will be as natural as my circadian rhythm! Baby come back! You can blame it all on meeeeeee!


Dramatic and pathetic monologues aside, I'm serious. Don't go. Why would you? I have a giveaway coming up. *smiles incredulously at the thought of having coerced her readers into continuing reading l'il 'ol UUU*

4 comments:

Emina said...

you should definitely post more often.. I hope giveaway will include people from all over the world.. and excuse my English, it is not my native language so I often make mistakes.

jtz said...

Where HAVE you been Urooba!?!?!
I am going.....prepares to click 'unfollow'.....


No! your posts are too funny and entertaining. I will NOT leave. But pleeeease blog more often, I really look forward to your posts and they really brighten my mood on the dullest of days.

Now about that giveaway....international?

Anonymous said...

Haha! We have a common qaurter life crisis. :)

Sy said...

cooool blog