Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Updates, so you're up-to-date!

1. It is seldom when one is auspiciously commended for their active engagement in a recreational activity. So for just this having occurred, I am so immensely grateful! Sisters Who Blog Network held the "2010 Best Blog Awards". By some entropic miracle, Under Urooba's Umbrella won "Best Teen Blog"! 


Thank *YOU* if you voted! Click here! to see the other winners. (However, I am questioning the authenticity of the category I've won under--I'm 18! Do I really classify as a teen? Not that I'm complaining--not at all! :)) As per beautifully beneficial guidelines, my prize will come from this great online boutique called www.ilovemodesty.com/. I was perusing their site the other day, and it would be blasphemous to not check it out! 


2. The following is a short excerpt from the dramatic and poignant best-selling new novel called "How I Achieved Fame and Fortune" by Urooba Jamal:


           And there I was, mindlessly minding my own business, handling the logistical duties that had been thrusted upon me, when I felt a soft tap on my shoulder.
          "Hi, are you Urooba from Under Urooba's Umbrella?"
           I spun around and tried to dispel all traces of bewilderment from my face, and instead attempted to construct a nonchalant demeanor. 
           "Why, yes. Yes, I am." I smiled. Little did I know, this was just the beginning of it all.


Okay. Pompousness aside, the phenomenon of the shoulder tap and the "Hi, are you Urooba from Under Urooba's Umbrella?" bit, did occur this weekend! TWICE. Thank you Tyler from Tyler's Blog and 

Aasia & Aalia Rahguzar from Muslim Youth Girls Association for providing me with giddiness...and for being the fuel to ignite a facebook status update.


3. School has started once again, and it is all too easy to bury oneself in academia. Even if this may not be the case, you'll be coming up with excuses to carve out some free time to watch Dunya videos! 
Wipe that look of scrutiny off your face! Dunya, according to their website and facebook page, is a "media and entertainment website" with the purpose of "bring[ing] communities together through the power of story", and it was started by two spiffy gentlemen who go by the names of Kashif Pasta and Shyam Valera.

Here's episode one of 'Overhshare' --one aspect of Dunya:


And here's episode one of 'Buddy Guys'--another aspect of Dunya!


Subscribe to their Youtube Channelfor more.


4.  Do y'all remember Hijabi Fashion Week? It was that one week in November where I discarded my procrastination abilities to blog every single day! Also known as the coolest week of my blogging life? Well, this will soon be a BI-ANNUAL event! We'd love for it to be huge, huge, huge so keep updated by following Hijabi Fashion Week on Twitter and Facebook! you do realize...that by doing so, you'll be the first to know about giveaways and such, too? That's right--we've got really cool sponsors!

...phew. Information overload.
Toodles, mes lovelies!
Also, "goot, goot" to one very special reader out there! ;)

5 comments:

SaLuff said...

Congrats on winning the award!

hijabi hippie hypo said...

I wondered where you had disappeared to! I love #2! :D

Tyler said...

Thanks for the trackback :)

And congrats on your award :D

MYGA said...

Salams Urooba

It really was cool seeing you
Blog celebrities :) ahah

congrats on the award!

annisanican said...

congratulation :D :D
keep posting !
:)