Sunday, September 12, 2010

Damsel in this Dress

Internet, get ready to have your ears serenaded by the Best Excuse For Not Blogging In Such a Long Time. It's one you've never heard before:
I was busy!
Okay, okay, I'll retract my sarcasm.
Fortunately, it wasn't the oh-my-god-I-have-so-many-things-to-do-my-head-will-explode-where-do-I-start-life-is-so-stressful-is-it-worth-living? type of busy, rather it was the I-have-something-that-preoccupies-my-time-most-of-the-time-and-I-feel-busy-I-feel-great! kind of busy.

Anyways.

Pros and Cons of my university experience (thus far).
pros:

 *I would never actually skip a lecture (maybe)--too much of an Eager McBeaver! Note the terminology--PROF...and LECTURE!? Dang. ('Teacher' and 'class'...so last year).


 Cons?
Well there's just one...
As luck would have it, I lost my voice the first week of school, thus crippling my audio projections to the likes of a scratchy record. This meant that SEVERE qualities of an introvert, I adopted--and on the first week of school! This would explain, then, that in 3 days I've only managed to make 4 ACQUAINTANCES. Acquaintances!? Acquaintances. PLEASE PRAY I MAKE NEW FRIENDS, LOL.  (Oh my god, am I publicly admitting this!?) But thankfully, THANKFULLY, I have 3/6 of my highschool besties with me, phew!

**smooth transition to Outfit Post part**

Y'all saw the animated version of My First Day of University Outfit in my LAST POST--here's how it looked in real life! (Suck-quality photos...also pray that I acquire a DSLR camera soon!)


gif animator
Gif animator
 who what wear?
  • vintage dress, $1, Jet Rag 
  • vintage Harley Davidson leather jacket, F as in Frank
  • kick-arse boots, $4, thrifted 
  • vintage belt, $1, thrifted 
Until next time sweet pumpkins! (71 followers, wowee!) 

10 comments:

hijabi hippie hypo said...

yipee- you posted!! :) i love the outfit. uni is wayy better than school, glad youre enjoying it :D

Denise Bomfim said...

Salam, Urooba! I have just posted about you in my Blog! I hope you like it! Tell me your impressions...

Good luck in the university.
The knowledge is a gift from Allah!!!
Mash´Allah,
Denise @>----

hijabi hippie hypo said...

PS i LOVE the name of the post ;)

Gie said...

waaaa I LOVE YOUR STYLE!! SERIOUSLY !!

Mina said...

thats a fierce outfit for UBC! btw with the whole friends thing... most people i know dont actually make friends in uni. classes are too big and every semester u see somebody else so its hard. i only have 2 friends from uni and i'm in my 4 year and i go to a very small uni. since u were asking where i go, i am at kwantlen in richmond campus. but if u do want o have lucnh together i have my fridays off so i can always drop by ubc campus and have lunch and an improptu photo session for the blogs.
let me know when u're up for it.
xoxo
mina

Shahirah Elaiza said...

UNI is 100x better than high school! High school was fun... but Uni is so much more fulfilling in terms of the things you learn and the people you meet.

I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends. Just be yourself and smile! =D

Eid Mubarak Urooba!

P.S. Purple suits you a lot ;)

samsara said...

Love the purple and the flowery dress with the motorcycle jacket.

I'm sure you will thrive and meet lots of interesting people in a university setting. It's a great opportunity to try new things--so take a fun elective course if you can! Plus your school probably has amazing facilities. (Mine had fencing classes and sculpture classes with welding.)

Looking forward to reading your continuing adventures!

¤•˚Zαìήαβ˚•¤ said...

sis you're hilarious! :D I just came across your blog and i had to follow I'm loving it! keep up the awesome work here! =)

Haute Muslimah said...

I'm loving your jacket.. and the boots are so on trend :)

[[[ x Smiley x ]]] said...

LOL!
loved this post, glad youre having an awesome time at uni! Freedom is the first thing that hits your square in the face.
Howd you lose your voice? And ill pray you make new friends ;]

Hope you had a great eid! Loving the purple dress :D